The Parks and Recreation Division of the General Service Department participates in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
This program provides a FREE nutritious supper for children 18 and under, participating in varied after-school programs at the recreation centers. Meals are offered at the following locations from 4:30pm to 6:30pm:
- Adams Butzel Center, 10500 Lyndon – Monday through Friday
- Farwell Recreation Center, 2711 E. Outer Dr., Wednesday and Friday
- Kemeny Recreation Center, 2260 S. Fort St., Monday through Friday
- Racquet Up, 6530 W. Outer Dr. – Monday through Thursday
- Patton Recreation Center, 2301 Woodmere, Monday through Friday, except Wednesday.
These are congregate meals and children are required to eat them at the recreation sites. There is no pick-up option for parents or children.
Meals for Seniors
The Detroit Area Agency on Aging, Area 1B (DAAA) is providing a 5pack of frozen meals for seniors 60 and up on Wednesdays. There is a limited number of meals and they are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Farwell Recreation Center serves hot meals during the week, however, a small donation is requested. These are congregate meals that are eaten at the site. Frozen meals are offered at the following locations:
- Adams Butzel Recreation, 10500 Lyndon, 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Buzel Family Center, 7737 Kercheval, 11:00am – 12:30pm
- Patton Recreation Center, 2301 Woodmere, 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Joseph Walker Williams Recreation Center, 8431 Rosa Parks Blvd., 11:30am – 1:00pm
- The frozen meals are distributed as a pick-up and may be taken off-site.
The Northwest Activities Center distributes groceries every other Monday from 2:00pm – 4:00pm.
The center is located at 18100 Meyers Rd. Call (313) 578-7500 for details.