Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
Mayor Duggan to walk Detroiters step-by-step through process of lowering their auto insurance starting July 2
- Mayor to give special evening broadcast presentation at 7 PM on Thursday
- Will be aired on city cable channels, streamed on city website and Facebook
- Residents can submit questions by online form or text
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan will give an informational presentation to walk Detroit motorists through their auto insurance bills to help them better understand the new law that takes effect July 2 and how to lower their monthly insurance premiums most effectively and appropriately for their individual circumstances. The mayor will go into significant detail, so people watching are encouraged to have a copy of their own bill handy to follow along.
Also joining the Mayor for the presentation will be attorney Mark Bernstein, a member of his firm Shereen Silver and Leroy Mattic from AAA of Michigan. All are experts in auto insurance law.
Similar to the Mayor's COVID-19 budget presentation in April, this will be a community meeting-style presentation to Detroiters that may be monitored by the media, not a press conference. The mayor's live presentation will begin at 7:00 p.m. and last until approximately 8:00 p.m. and will be available to watch on multiple platforms:
- Channel 10 & 21 (Comcast in Detroit)
- Channel 99 (ATT in Detroit)
- City of Detroit Channel 10
- City of Detroit Channel 21
- City of Detroit Government Facebook page
- City of Detroit YouTube Channel
Residents will be able to submit general questions they would like to have answered through the following two options:
- Online form
- Text your question to 313-710-9175
Note: We will do our best to select representative questions to put to the mayor and his guests during the available time. Based on questions received, the city will post Frequently Asked Questions with answers early next week.