Our community funding is based on Census count. Read more...
City of Detroit announces new online payment options available for BSEED customers
- Starting today BSEED is now accepting online payments
- Online payments to provide convenience to customers during current stay-at-home order
- All department meetings have now been moved to virtual meetings
The City of Detroit announced today the Buildings Safety Engineering and Environmental Department (BSEED) will now begin accepting online payments. In an effort to reduce the impact of COVID-19 and better help customers adhere to the current stay-at-home order, BSEED has implemented a new online payment option, allowing customers to make payments from the comfort of their homes.
Customers can now pay for their BSEED services including safety inspections, property inspections, business license and permit fees, plan review, zoning verification fees and all other outstanding fees, directly from the homepage of the BSEED website. Please note, when making online payments customers will need the record locater number, applicant's name, full property address as well as a valid credit or debit card to complete payment. Electronic checks are also accepted.
BSEED offices are currently closed to the public. However, the department is pleased to offer citizens, businesses, and visitors access to services online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Accela / eLAPS. This new application allows users to submit applications for trade licenses, business licenses, permits and inspections. Users can access the application here.
Additional temporary department updates due to COVID-19 include:
Special land use and site plan reviews can now be submitted online through the BSEED website. Please email [email protected] or call 313-268-6690 for any additional questions or concerns. For information on a specific address or parcel please visit the zoning website.
Construction inspections have been temporarily been suspended. Emergency complaint inspections will move forward on an as-needed. Construction requested office appointments can be done virtually, via Zoom or Skype by sending a request to our general email: [email protected].
- Plumbing (313) 224-3118
- Mechanical (313) 224-0113
- General/Buildings (313) 224-3202
- Electrical (313) 224-3226
- Ross Brackett – [email protected]
- Greg Wordlaw – [email protected]
- Kurt Johnson – [email protected]
- Cooley, Vincent – [email protected]
- Rickey Harris – [email protected]
- Randy Hargraves – [email protected]
- Christopher Cade – [email protected]
BSEED is currently only doing interior inspections for emergency complaints. All other non-emergency interior inspections will be scheduled for a later date. The department will continue to enforce on exterior violations (graffiti, overgrowth, debris.) DAH has delayed all new court dates and adjourned all current cases. This will provide all owners ample time to correct any exterior issues. DAH will notify owners via mail on all date changes.
- Commercial/Rental: 628-2451 emergency complaints
- Dangerous Building: 224-3215 emergency complaints
- Property Maintenance
- Rental Registration
- Compliance Agreement Questions: [email protected]
- Rental Related Questions: [email protected]
Submit a request for a right of entry here. See Click fix inspections have been temporarily suspended. All other environmental complaints can be sent via email to [email protected].