Building Better Blocks
Through our Building Better Blocks program, we provide support to new and existing block clubs, neighborhood associations, churches and community groups in District 6!
Key areas of assistance:
- Provide one on one coaching and support for neighborhood organizations in District 6
- Funds: Help identifying appropriate grant opportunities
- Communications: Assistance with creating and distributing flyers, social media training
- Project planning: Events, Goal setting
- Tools: Assistance with making maps, membership databases, etc.
- Access to information: Connections to city departments and non-profits, help navigating city processes
See documents below for more information on how to start and build community groups!
To get involved with Building Better Blocks, set up an appointment with us so we can learn about your community group or your vision for one.
Laura Sanchez (¡Yo hablo español!)
Community & Policy Coordinator
313-224-1204 or [email protected]