Reduce or eliminate your current year’s property tax obligation. Read more.
The 10/30/50 Plan was developed by the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) for Detroit residents and businesses that experience difficulty in paying past due water and sewerage bills. There are no income restrictions to qualify. The plan affirms DWSD’s commitment to assist our customers with a payment plan that provides solutions to avoid service interruption.
- The account must be in the resident’s or business’s name;
- Customer makes a down payment of 10%, 30% or 50% of the past due balance:
- Percentage is based on the number of payment plans the customer entered in the last 18 months; first time is 10%, second time 30%, third time or more 50%;
- The balance of the past due amount is equally spread over a 6-24 month period which the customer pays in addition to the normal monthly bill (months are determined by the balance owed); and
- All payments must be made in full and on time to stay in the plan.
You may apply for the DWSD 10/30/50 Plan online through the Customer Care Portal or call DWSD at 313-267-8000 if your name is on your account. Or visit a DWSD Customer Care Center during business hours (please bring a government-issued ID, your social security number and be prepared to make a deposit). If you are not registered on the Customer Care Portal, watch this video to learn how (also available from the playlist below).
If you meet the low-income guidelines, you may apply for WRAP, the Water Residential Assistance Program.