- Creative entrepreneurs - fine artists, authors, poets, comics, storytellers, stage, dancers, production experts, musicians and others - across Detroit are ...The Detroit Historical Society has produced and published its first podcast, Untold Detroit: Beer. The six-episode season is available on ...UD Mercy Collaborative Design Center awarded NEA grant to celebrate the legacy of African American Arts and Culture in the ...The exhibition had been slated to close at the end of 2020 The Detroit Historical Society has announced that its ...In honor of Black History Month the exhibition "Griot" looks into the history of story telling across the African Diaspora ...Interested in purchasing any of the pieces featured in the virtual art exhibit? A complete list of artists names and ...Mayor Mike Duggan launched Black History Month and Undefeated, the year-long campaign to celebrate Detroit's contributions to American excellence in ...Rochelle Riley interviews Stephanie Williams of Wayne State University Press and Elizabeth Atkins, CEO of Two Sisters Writing and Publishing ...Mayor Duggan, Detroit ACE launch yearlong celebration of Detroit arts and culture; illuminate Detroit's contributions to American creative excellenceInitiative begins February 1 with a weeklong Black History Month kickoff, made possible in part by $176,000 in support from ...
Arts, Culture & Entrepreneurship
BONDED: A DETROIT ART EXHIBITION BRINGS THE BEST IN LOCAL TALENT TO BEACON PARK FOR THREE DAY EVENT
25 local artists connect at shared greenspace to bring their works to the public
WHO: Beacon Park in collaboration with The Downtown Detroit Partnership, Detroit Fine Arts Breakfast Club, Scarab Club and 25 Detroit artists
WHAT: A juried outdoor art exhibition is on its way to Beacon Park. Bonded: An Outdoor Art Exhibition, will bring over 60 works of art from 25 Detroit artists to show off the city’s best in painting, photography, prints, and more, all available for view and sale. The three-day exhibition will kick-off with a reception, followed by the free, open event containing music from a live DJ, photos and food and beverages available at LUMEN Detroit. This year the event organizer Jonathon Harris and the curatorial committee are proud to welcome featured artists Samantha Kthar, Crystal Starks-Webb, Carole Morisseau, Judy Bowman, Walter Bailey and many more.
COVID 19 Safety in the Downtown Detroit Parks
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Mask or face covering is required
- Maintain 6ft of physical distance between others
- Frequently use hand washing stations located in the park
- April 23, 6 – 9 p.m.: Opening reception with artists, photo booth, DJ, and remarks by the curatorial committee
- April 24, 12 – 7 p.m.: Exhibit open with artists present
- April 25, 12 – 7 p.m.: Exhibit open with artists present
WHERE: Beacon Park - 1903 Grand River Detroit, MI 48226