Historic Fort Wayne was built in 1845 as a new artillery post to serve the United States in future attacks by British Canada.
Open April – October
We hope you enjoy your visit and ask that you honor the following during your visit:
- At least one adult should accompany children on the Fort grounds.
- NO pets; Service animals are welcome.
- All visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
- DO NOT ENTER or approach any building unless accompanied by a museum guide.
- NO metal detectors, digging and taking of artifacts.
- Picnicking is allowed, but NO barbecues, fires, or alcoholic beverages.
- Please place trash and litter in proper receptacles.
- NO fishing or swimming is permitted.
- The shoreline is a hazardous area, please stay 15 ft. from the river’s edge.
- Do not climb on anything or enter fenced off areas.
- Visitors are asked to report any vandalism observed to the Fort Staff; visitors will be held responsible for any damage they cause.
Fee schedule (subject to change without notice)
Span Am Guard House - $250/day
Riverfront parade ground, star fort, Barracks bldg, or visitor center w/ mess hall - $500/day