Reduce or eliminate your current year’s property tax obligation. Read more.
Executive Order 2016-1 Summary Construction Inclusion Report
The Civil Rights, Inclusion and Opportunity is committed to ensuring opportunity for all Detroiters. To achieve this goal, we monitor the inclusion of Detroiters on construction projects that trigger Executive Order 2016-1.
Executive Order 2016-1 applies to all publicly funded construction projects that are
- Any Contract for more than $3,000,000 made by the City with any person or entity
- Any Construction Project the City provides funds or financial assistance over $3,000,000 through:
- The sale or transfer of land below its appraised value;
- Direct monetary support;
- Public contributions originated by the State of Michigan or its agencies, the United States government or its agencies, or any other non-City government entity, and for which City approval is required and obtained; or
- Tax increment financing. For purposes of calculating the total assistance directly provided through tax increment financing, tax revenue that would have accrued to all government entities shall be counted.
Executive Order 2016-1 requires:
- 51% of the workforce on the publicly-funded construction project shall be bona-fide Detroit residents.
Projects triggered under the Executive Order must report to the department monthly. If the project does not meet the requirement of the Executive Order then workforce contributions are calculated. Collected workforce contributions are utilized by Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC); which provides job placement, search, training, career advisement and other supportive services to tens of thousands of Detroiters every year.
Below is a summary of the projects we monitor.
Executive Order Project Summary
As of June 12, 2019
|PW7003 (Livernois Avenue of Fashion)||*||*|
* Totals are currently being processed in CRIO office.
Executive Order Project Summary numbers are updated on the 15th of every other month