يفتح التطبيق في 19 يناير الساعة 5 مساءً. تقدم بطلبك الآن .
New small business funding available from Michigan Economic Development Corporation
The Pure Michigan Small Business Relief Initiative will utilize federal CARES Act funding to provide $10 million in grants to meet the urgent need of Michigan small businesses disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus. Applications for businesses to apply will open on December 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a “first-in” basis by the Michigan Municipal League Foundation, which MEDC has selected to serve as the grant administrator. Grants may be up to $15,000.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible to receive grant funding, businesses must be in one of the industries listed below:
- Restaurants, bars and other food and beverage service providers
- Travel and tourism destinations including lodging providers and hospitality businesses
- Live event venues and movie theaters
- Conference and meeting facilities
- Ice skating rinks, indoor water parks and bowling centers
- Gyms, fitness centers and indoor recreation facilities
Because this Initiative is funded through federal CARES Act dollars distributed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) businesses must satisfy the HUD National Objective for job retention in order to receive funding.
The business must document that at least 51% of positions will be held by low to moderate income persons or in the case of microenterprises (five or fewer employees) that the business owner is a low to moderate income individual.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Business must be in compliance with all State and local orders related to COVID-19, including, but not limited, to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Be a for-profit entity (i.e., a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or LLC)
- Have a physical establishment in the Michigan County of Application and is NOT a home-based business
- Provide goods or services to multiple clients or customers
- Be current, or in a payment plan, on all local, state, and federal taxes due through 1/1/2020
- Have an active and valid state license(s)/registration(s), if applicable
- Is not an adverse party to litigation involving the State or municipality
- Business or Business owner has not filed for bankruptcy in the last 10 years
- Can identify a need for payroll, rent or mortgage payments, and/or utility expenses necessary to continue/restart business operations relative to the total grant amount
- Had annual gross revenues in 2019 greater than $25,000
- Has at least two employees, including the owner(s)
- Has fewer than 50 employees (including full-time, part-time, and owner(s) on a world-wide basis)
What are eligible expenses?
Grants may only be used for the following eligible expenses: payroll expenses, rent/ mortgage payments, and utility expenses. Grant funds may be used by the business for eligible expenses expended between November 18, 2020 and April 30, 2021. Grant funds may not be used for any eligible expenses that were previously funded or will be funded by another state or federal grant program, including but not limited to, the Michigan Small Business Relief Program or the Michigan Small Business Restart Program.
- Applications will only be accepted online. Physical or emailed copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Before you begin your application please be aware that you will not be able to save your application and return to it later. For this reason, please make sure your application is complete, accurate, and that it has been reviewed before submitting. Accuracy is important.
- Once the application is submitted, the applicant will receive a confirmation email stating the application has been received.
For the complete list of requirements, frequently asked questions and more information please visit the MEDC website.