The Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) is taking steps to improve customer care through better communication. One action is a new bill format which has the following key improvements over the current bill design:
- Larger type and brighter colors;
- Detail that applies to your household or business;
- Easily identify the amount due;
- Large-format usage comparison; and
- Clearly written account updates.
DWSD water and sewer customers will begin seeing the new bill format in November. The department will provide informational tools about your bill, including "Understanding Your Bill: Residential Customers" and frequently asked questions.
In other DWSD Customer Care news, non-English speaking DWSD customers now have a resource. DWSD has hired bilingual Customer Care agents to assist our Spanish-speaking population.