The following documents are required in order for you to be considered for a position as a Police Officer with
the Detroit Police Department.
These documents are required in order for the investigator to conduct your pre-employment investigation. You
are advised to start gathering these documents immediately in order to expedite the investigation process.
Gather these documents now, and you will be advised when they need to be produced. Do not mail these
MCOLES Written and Agility Test scores must be submitted within 45 days of you indicating interest in
applying for a position with the Detroit Police Department.
Please, bring the original and one copy of ALL required documents.
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Photo of Yourself (4x6)-(in business attire, waist-up)
- Driver’s License
- Driving Record (out of state applicants)
- Voter’s Registration Card
- Copies of Any Pending Lawsuits
- Friend of Court Records (if applicable)
- Certificate of Naturalization (if applicable)
- Marriage License and/or Divorce Decree
- Military Documents-DD214 Long Form
- MCOLES Test Scores-Written & Agility
- High School Diploma & Transcript or GED Certificate & Exam Score
- Copy of College Degree (if applicable) & official transcripts
- Official Credit Report (see below information regarding obtaining your credit report)
- If you are self-employed: Income Tax Records for the past 2 years