Mayor Duggan is launching the Detroit ID program that will help Detroit residents to demonstrate that they live in Detroit. The Detroit ID will be a City issued identification card available to all Detroit residents 14 years and older who are eligible to apply. The Detroit ID will help Detroit residents who face difficulty in obtaining a traditional ID and provide access to resources and services.
Businesses are invited to introduce Detroit residents to their products and services by accepting the Detroit ID as identification, and offering a discount and/or benefit to people who purchase certain products and services.
Here are examples of ways to engage Detroit ID holders as a Detroit ID Partner:
- a discount on the first time or ongoing purchase of a product or service
- a benefit with a purchase (i.e. buy one get one free with ID)
- exclusive access to activities, events, and shows just for Detroit ID holders
Here are the benefits of being a Detroit ID Partner
- highlights during the Detroit ID launch event and other Detroit ID events
- direct press visibility via the City's distribution of the list of Detroit ID partners to the press
- feature of the Detroit ID website with your logo and a clickable link to your website
- mentions in media interviews, op-eds, community meetings, and social media engagement regarding the Detroit ID program and its participating businesses
- earned media mentions
- paid media inclusion opportunities via billboards that will highlight residents and participating businesses
- customer mentions as residents are featured in stories about the new ways they are interacting with their city via the Detroit ID, including their discovery and enjoyment of our small businesses.
To become a Detroit ID partner, please use DetroitID Form
and send it to Jill Ford at
email@example.com or call (313) 887-0822